Buengo Campaigns make it easy for anyone to raise money for a cause they care about. We’ve come up with our top tips for launching a successful fundraising campaign so that you can raise as much money as possible for your cause (and it only takes a couple of minutes, it really is that easy!)
1. Setting up your campaign
To set up your campaign, open the app and visit the campaigns tab. Tap the + icon at the bottom of the screen. You’ll see a blank campaign screen ready to be filled out with details about your project.
2. Choosing great campaign images
Your campaign images are a great way to show your audience what you’re supporting, that’s why Buengo lets you upload up to four images for your campaign. Tell a story through your chosen images and get users to empathise with your cause. Include authentic images of who or what you’re supporting and what you’re trying to achieve to get the best results from your campaign.
Make sure the images are:
- Real and authentic
- In focus and good quality
- Landscape, (Buengo has a handy cropping tool so your images are always the correct size, but using landscape images works best)
3. Writing a compelling campaign description
Your campaign description is super important – people will read it before deciding whether to support your campaign. Here are our top tips:
- Choose your words carefully – you have 1000 characters to play with so make them count! When you’ve finished, read it aloud to someone else and get their feedback.
- Tell a story – engage people with emotive details and get them to empathise with your campaign.
- Be clear – speak to others in a clear and concise way that’s easy to understand.
- Add a Call To Action – you want people to support your cause, so ask them to! Adding a sentence at the end of your description like “please help us reach our target” is a great way to encourage people to support your campaign.
- Write like a human – people engage with people, not robots!
4. Your campaign timeline
There’s no correct answer for how long your campaign should run for, but in general, we find that shorter campaigns work better because it’s easier to create a buzz around what you’re doing. That said, if your campaign is going really well and you think you could make use of more time, you can always extend it (up to a 3-month period).
We recommend setting up your campaign in advance (Buengo lets you create a campaign up to 3 months before the start date). Then, as soon as you’re set up, you can start asking people to post items in support. They will be able to select your campaign from the list when they post their item, but it won’t be available for purchase until your campaign is live.
5. Promoting your campaign
Start telling people about your campaign before you’ve even started! Your friends and family will have great ideas about how to help and may even donate items. You could also post on Facebook letting your friends know that you’re going to start a fundraising campaign, asking them to download Buengo in advance.
If you’re running a campaign with a group (for example, a school or an organisation), let people know your plans a couple of weeks in advance. That way, you give people enough time to declutter their houses and get items ready to post.
Once your campaign is live, here are our tips on promoting it:
- Social media: Buengo has made it really easy for you to share your campaign and items on Facebook, just tap the share icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Share the campaign at different points and encourage people to take a look and buy something or donate an item to your campaign. You can also ask everyone that has donated an item to share it so that your campaign reaches as many people as possible.
- Website: if you have a website, promote your campaign on your homepage so that everyone knows what you’re doing. Ask them to donate items to your campaign and share it with their friends.
- Email: if you’ve got a lot of email addresses of your supporters already, email them and ask for their support! Make sure you include the name of your campaign and tell them that they need to download Buengo.
- Word of mouth: tell everyone you know, and then get them to tell everyone they know! The more people that know about your campaign, the more successful it will be.
The great thing about Buengo is how it brings together a community by helping everyone. Your sellers are happy to have a good reason to clear some space in their closet and you get to raise money for a good cause!